Sunday, November 9, 2008

My little brother died on Thursday.

My baby brother who was barely 30 years old.

He died of a cerebral hemorrhage. He had a brain bleed, not a brain glitch.
He did not choose his own death (as we originally thought).
God chose to have him in Heaven at that very moment, so He took him straight away.

And I rejoice!

Thank you Lord for a speedy Coroner who pushed the autopsy through quickly so that the family could know the true reason for such a tragedy.

Thank you Lord for loving Jeff enough to want him with you now.

Thank you Lord for Adam, Bryan, Ben, Kricia, Jackie, and Jenny! They know the perfect way to help all of us remember Jeff's charm and personality! They comfort, hug, joke, laugh, and love together. Thank you Lord for giving me this family!

Thank you for good friends who bring food and chocolate to comfort me. Thank you for giving them a spirit filled heart. One that is willing to drive 25 miles to the other side of town to sit with me on the night before the memorial. I am so blessed!

Thank you for friends who sacrifice a little of themselves to help us through this horrible ordeal.

Thank you for all the people who loved Jeff so dearly.

Thank you, Lord, for Patricia who calls me every couple of days just to check on me. And for her husband Gary who loves his friends unconditionally.

Thank you for Mom and Grandma who love so much. Give them strength to make it through this terrible situation.

Thank you for neighbors who don't complain about a little noise. Thank you for keeping my things safe while I have had to be out of town.

Thank you for the talent you gave to Jeff in his writing, sculpting, sketching, painting, carving, etc.

Thank you for giving me a wonderful brother who I will miss desperately. Lord, please love him and keep him for me to see again someday.

Thank you for allowing me to be able to feel blessed even in times like this!

I love you Lord!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

You are such a strong, faithful woman. Even in times of sadness you still manage to be thankful. I counted 15 times that you wrote “thank you” in your post. I admire your courage and strength!

The memorial service today was packed. It was clear that Jeff touched many lives in his short time here. He will be missed by many, many people. One of my favorite memories of Jeff was him telling us ghost stories one night when we were teens. He was the best storyteller!

Kathy said...

Kathryn,
As always I am in awe of your ability to express yourself. You are an amazing incredible woman and I know God is using you in ways we can't even imagine.

Lara said...

Thank you for your lists. They are really insightful. You have demonstrated an amazing amount of faith and peacefulness this week.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...

I didn't know Jeff as an adult but spent a bit of time with him my senior year. Deep kid - I really enjoyed him! Your are right, he is home!

Grace to you sister,

BJ Groome

Melissa said...

I feel like an outsider looking in, since it's been years since I've been apart of your life and your family's life. Your words... a gift from God, truely brought to light a life of wonderful memories that will live on. Thank you for sharing them. You have my prayers.