Monday, September 22, 2008

Matthew 25:35 - 46

This is my 3rd year to teach first grade.

I have finally learned to love it. But I can still remember the difficult time I had two short years ago when I started out knowing absolutely nothing about little students. It was a terrible feeling!

This year, I have been assigned to be a mentor to a brand new teacher. We call him Mr. C. He came here straight from Mexico to teach bilingual first grade. He has never been a teacher before, much less one who has to teach in both English and Spanish.

The year for Mr. C started out bumpy. He arrived in America too late to receive a social security number before school started. He missed all his new teacher workshops and meetings.



So, before he even got started, he was behind.



Not having a social security number, he couldn't get paid when all the other first year teachers got their pay checks.



Although he only lives about a mile from the school, he had no transportation.



Coming from Mexico and never being in a classroom to teach, he had no teaching supplies, decor, manipulatives, etc.



And his brain is filled with a million questions, but he doesn't know which ones to ask first.



When God brought me home from China so early this summer, I was concerned that I had lost my mission. But then I met Mr. C. That is when I knew that God gave me a mission right here in my own back yard.



I started praying for Mr. C, and soon I saw things turning around for him. People donated money, time, and supplies to his cause. God was working!


***********************************************
Then...

Last week...

I got this email:

This is a confirmation of dates set for the Initial Conferences:

Thursday, September 25, 3:15-4 p.m. - Hodges Elementary

Attendees:

Principal of Hodges Elementary

Second Grade: Jorge M., B. Mac Mentor

First Grade: Jesus C, (I do not have the name of Jesus' mentor)

I am looking forward to meeting each of you!

Sincerely, B


I read this message three times before understanding that I was Jesus' mentor. You see, I didn't know Mr. C's first name. Here I had not been mentoring to and praying for just Mr. C...I had been doing this all for Jesus!

Ahhhh! What a peaceful revelation!

Matthew 25:35-46

I love you Lord!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am thrilled to have found your blog. Only problem is, I was so captivated by your writing that I kept going back, post after post and now I think I will be late for work...but it was worth it!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! You had a divine appointment. May God continue to open your eyes to HIS oportunities for you. You are an inspiration to me.