Friday, December 11, 2009

Who Guards the Door to Your Heart?

It never ceases to amaze me how Satan can get into your heart and mind and screw things up totally!

That devil sneaks into that half cracked-open door to your heart. When you least expect it, he stomps all over everything that is right. He has a way of squashing your dreams, twisting your words, and crumbling your emotions. He can take that one pure idea that you have been loving on for so long, and destroy it so badly that it becomes unrecognizable.

So, I ask you, how does one stop that from happening? How does one put up a barrier to keep Satan out? How does one guard all that is precious to them?

The only answer I have is to give it all to the LORD.

Let God hold all your feelings, all your words, all your dreams, all that is pure and holy in your life, so that Satan cannot so easily acquire them!

Let Jesus be the guard of your heart, standing between you and Satan, so that he will not be able to break you down!

Let the Holy Spirit store up good within your heart. Let Him gather up love, praise, scripture, adoration, and obedience so He can nurture your soul and spirit.

Satan will never be able to compete with that!

And remember to surround yourself with what is good...good friends, good role models, good loved ones, good prayers, good scripture reading, good... on and on and on.

Thank you Lord for surrounding me with so much good! Lord, I pray that you help me to ALWAYS seek You so that Satan cannot find the door to my heart.

1 comment:

PatPat1 said...

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my HEART be acceptable in your sight oh Lord my Rock and my Redeemer

Love you.. and I am proud to be your friend