Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is there hope for the world, or is there just hope for people like us?

This quote from Randy Harris' lesson "Is There Any Room for Jesus?" stirs passions deep in me that I can't keep to myself any longer. I think about the people I come in contact with everyday. Most of them consider themselves Christians. Whether Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, or "undenominated", they all believe in Christ and his coming to save us.

But that group of people I know is just one tiny portion of the world.

What about all those people out there who either have never heard or don't know enough to believe?
What do we do about them?
Do we Christians have room for those people in our busy lives?
Any of them could be Jesus, so why do we so casually toss them aside?
Why do we ignore them so easily?

Some of these people could be your immediate family members.
Some are students or co-workers you see day in and day out.
Others are the customers in front and behind you in the grocery store line.
And still others may live right next door to you.

Put the street corner hopeless souls aside for a moment and think of all the others that you come in contact with everyday. The ones you say good morning to as you enter the workplace. Think of the people you hand exact change to each day at lunch.

Do they know the Lord and the peace only He can give them?
Forget telling them about Him...have your actions shown them the Lord lately?

In this huge world of ours, there is such a teeny part of the US. WE, Christians, know we will live with our Lord for all eternity...but what about everyone else?

Jesus' last command to his disciples was: "Go make disciples of all nations, baptizing...and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28: 19-20

So, why aren't we out there finding the lonely, hopeless souls?
Why are we silent?
Why do we not scream this victory to all we see?

I know from recent experiences that you can't tell just from looking at someone what is going on in their hearts, in their personal lives, or in their homes. I also know that a genuine smile, a hug, a poke, a kind word means the world.

Live it!
That is what Jesus meant, I think.
LIVE IT everyday!!!

I pray Lord that you put people in my path in which I can show you off. I pray that you force me to smile, to hug, or to speak for you. Let me be your words!
I want to Live It for you!

No comments: