Thursday, March 5, 2009

Are you on Facebook?

This seems to be the question of the year in my world.

If you are anybody, you are on Facebook!

I have to say that I really enjoy looking at other people's facebook pages (walls) and catching up with their lives.

People use this website for all kinds of reasons.

advertising their careers
family photo albums
selling their wares
trying to catch a mate
to get free medical advice

Some people dedicate their page to others...

new dating partners
new spouses
new babies
new puppies, kittens, birds, reptiles, etc

Some people display their artwork...

dancing toddlers
singing teenagers
tattoo art
photography, writing, painting, sketching, etc.
modeling

And some people (like me) just write about the events of their daily lives.

And while I think all of this can be interesting, I really enjoy looking at the walls where the author has discovered their real passions in life and wants to share those with everyone he/she knows.

I have one friend who has a passion for computer programming or some such technology stuff. He is always speaking in some kind of tech jargon that I have not clue how to decode. He almost always has some kind of link you can follow to learn more mind boggling technical information. And he even has a blog that you can read and respond to.

I am definitely not technical minded, but, it is his passion that intrigues me!

So, here I am reading another of his status reports about megapixils on his digital camera. My mind wanders as I don't have any idea what he means. I start to get a little sad because for the life of me, I can't remember what my passions are. I have been so bogged down in the hum drum of my life that I have lost them somewhere along the road.

Lord, I long to have passions for my heart to dwell upon endlessly.
Lord, help me find those passions that I know lie dormant in my soul.
Please bring them to the surface and help me to grasp them tightly so I do not lose them once again.

No comments: