Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ever had a Dad Moment?

Today, I had a big one.

I was trying to file my taxes on line. (Yeah, I know I waited pretty late). I have used Turbo Tax for the last three years, and I love the speed and ease of it. But today, when I was reviewing the numbers, I found a potential problem. That is when I had my Dad Moment.

In my pre-panic chaotic state of mind, I reached for the phone to call him.

"Dad would know what I should do." And he would know. He always knew just what I should do, I only had to ask him.

Through clouded eyes, I fought off the shaky hands and bubbling panic and thought of who else to call.

Mom won't know what to do. Jenny's not home. Lara's not home. What do I do????

Big breath! Little Prayer!

You know what happened? This extreme peace came over me as I finally made a decision to trust my own instincts.

I don't know how to handle my Dad Moments yet. But I know that my Heavenly Father is teaching me day by day to trust in Him and myself.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm proud of you for getting through the moment. This is such a big life transition for you and you are handling it beautifully!