Thursday, April 2, 2009

Meet Zoe!


Some say she looks like me, but she is not mine.
She belongs (although he never knew her) to my brother,
Jeff Ponder.


When she first found us, I was very resistant to meeting her.
I thought, if Jeff didn't know her, then why should I?
So, I stayed away.


My head was a mess.
My heart was breaking.
And I continued to stay away.


My mom and sister contacted her.
They played and loved on her.
And, yet, I stayed away.
I thought I was doing the right thing.
I thought I was doing what Jeff would have wanted.
So, I stayed away.


Was I ever wrong!


After much encouragement from my mom and sis,
I asked for some advice from several very close friends.


Each one said the same exact thing...
"What do you think Jesus would do if He were in your shoes?"


But I wanted to stay away!
I didn't want to think about what Jesus would want me to do!
I knew I was right!


So, why were things still so stressful?
Why did I still feel so disconnected?
Why were things not getting better?


Then one night God spoke to me.
He opened my ears and spoke directly to my pride.

I had opened my bible to read.
The book fell open to Zechariah.


I thought...I don't want to read this.


So, I went to turn to another place. (I was thinking Psalms or something)
But in the process of trying to flip through the bible with one hand while fixing the pillows in the bed with the other,
it fell to the floor and landed
face up - back at Zechariah. Who would have thought...


So, I read.


And,


Clear as a bright spring day, He said


"Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless..."
Zechariah 7:10


The Fatherless!!!


Uh...Hello!
Could God have been any plainer?


So,
Let me present to you, Zoe Pena.


My niece...
My NIECE!

I love you, Zoe!












Every time I look into the eyes of this precious child, God speaks to me over and over again! What a blessing she is to our lives!

Thank you Lord for insisting I hear your voice!


Look for future posts on this precious child!

3 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

i thank god you listened... that child will be richer having known all of her family no matter what the circumstances are. keep loving her.
%*_*% rosey

Kathy said...

I'd love to compare your baby pictures to hers... because she favors you so much! I'm so glad you were able to work your way through to this point... and so thankful you were able to hear God's voice in this...Love you!

Zanne said...

The Ah-Ha Moment: It always seems like we are running from what is true and evident. It's no coincidence that your Bible fell to the same place twice. As much as you have been trying to fight, it was time for you to move forward. At least a little bit. You needed to fill the void that has been haunting you for so long. You needed to move past some of the hurt and anger you felt inside, and there was no avoiding it that night. It was slammed right in your face and you could not run this time. I believe God gave you some peace that night. I also believe God has brought this little girl in your life to bring you hope for the future and I know you will be a great inspiration in her life!